Planning Your Major
The field of Government, or Political Science, is divided into four main "subfields." These are American Politics, Comparative Politics, International Relations, and Political Theory/Public Law. We also have courses that cover Political Analysis. The course numbers for these areas are as follows:
- American Politics (Intro. 3, Upper-Levels 30's, Seminars 83's)
- Comparative Politics (Intro. 4, Upper-Levels 40's, Seminars 84's)
- International Relations (Intro. 5, Upper-Levels 50's, Seminars 85's)
- Political Theory/Public Law (Intro. 6, Upper-Levels 60's, Seminars 86's)
- Political Analysis (Prerequisite 10; Upper-Level courses 11 – 19)
- Courses that Cross-Subfields (Upper-Levels 20's, Seminars 81's)
To plan your Government Major or Minor, please use the following Major Plan of Study Forms:
- Major Plan of Study Form
- Minor Plan of Study Form
You are welcome to see a faculty member for guidance on selecting courses.
For classes of 2016 and beyond - Enter your major plan in Degree Works for review and approval.