The Modified Major - Politics, Philosophy, and Economics
The Department of Government offers three Modified Government Majors:
- For those combining Government with Economics, the transcript will read, "Government Modified with Economics";
- For those combining Government with Philosophy, the transcript will read, "Government Modified with Philosophy"; and
- For those combining Government, Philosophy, and Economics, the transcript will read, "Government Modified".
In order to plan your Government Modified Major, please use the following study forms:
- Major Plan of Study Form- Government Modified with Economics
- Major Plan of Study Form - Government Modified with Philosophy
- Major Plan of Study Form - Government Modified
Before declaring your modified major, please meet with Prof. James B. Murphy for guidance on selecting courses and modified major pre-approval.
Faculty advisor for government modified major:
Prof. James B. Murphy - Office: Silsby 206
Mondays 9:00 am to 10:00 am, and
Thursdays 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Apart from these three pre-set modified majors, no other modified Government majors will be approved under any circumstances. This includes both Modified Majors in which Government is the primary component (e.g., Government Modified with History) and those in which it is the secondary component (e.g., History Modified with Government). Students who seek to modify a Major in another department with courses in Government may do so by using the option of a Modified Major without indication of the secondary department (e.g. History Modified).