Government Department faculty and students produce scholarship on a wide range of questions. In this section, you can learn more about current faculty projects and find resources to support student research.
Some of the Questions We Explore
- What causes ethnic conflict, civil war, and genocide?
- How to detect fraud in US elections?
- What the collapse of the North Korean regime would mean for East Asian security?
- Are rights necessary, or the best way to protect liberty?
- Does fact checking make politicians more honest in their campaigns?
- Do international organizations, including the United Nations, improve human rights among their members?
- Is there hope for democracy in the wake of the Arab Spring?